Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Faqqiegħ u pulpetti Bordon
Recipe by Laura Cachia.
- Portobello mushrooms
- Bordon Corned Beef Light
- Hot paprika (optional)
- Olive oil
- Tomatoes/ pulp
- Spring onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh/ powdered mustard
- Breadcrumbs and balsamic glaze for decor
- Peel the potatoes, cut in small cubes and boil it for about 20 minutes until very soft.
- Until the potatoes are cooked, clean the mushrooms by disconnecting the stem and gills. Don't throw anything away.
- Peel the onion, carrot, garlic and chop all very finely. Fry the mixture and add a little tomato pulp or a small tomato. Add Bordon Light Corned
- Beef to the mixture and add a little salt and pepper.
- Wipe the Portobello mushrooms with olive oil on the outside.
- When the mixture cools thoroughly, fill it with mushrooms, add some oregano, parsley and top with cheddar cheese. Important to put mushrooms in foil and in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C and then continue by grilling for 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
Beat the two eggs and add it to the potatoes. Also add the Bordon Light Corned Beef, a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and fresh mustard.
Crush everything. If you see that the mixture is very thick, you can add a little milk.
Add fried items with the rest of the mixture and pour also the parsley and the gills of the mushroom.
Add the breadcrumbs and form into meatballs, the size that you want.
Let the meatballs rest in the refrigerator for a better result.
Get the pan ready with a bit of oil until it's properly hot.
Decorate the palate with a little salad and balsamic glaze.
Did you try this recipe for Mushroom and Bordon patties? Did you like it? Leave your comment and rating below and share so that we can continue to bring you the recipes that you like.