This recipe is unusual because it has meat and fish combined together . It is a classic Italian recipe to which I have made some variations. It can be served both as a starter or as a main course. It is also ideal for when you have guests because the two main ingredients may be prepared in advance and kept separately, only to be combined at the last minute.
- 1.5 kilos veal fillet or eye rounds (Lucerto)
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 celery
- 1 glass white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 teaspoons tea salt
- 1 can tuna drained
- 1 tin anchovies
- 1 tub light plain yougurt
- 1 tablespoon olives
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Place the top ingredients in a pot, cover with water and simmer for 80 minutes.
- Take out the veal and set aside to cool. After it is cool, slice it thinly, cover it and put it in refrigerator. Discard the liquid.
- In a blender put all the topping ingredients except the yogurt. When finely chopped, add the yogurt by hand and mix well. Keep covered in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, arrange the veal slices on a plate, spread the yogurt-Tuna mixture on top and garnish with the parsley florets and capers.
Ippruvajtha din ir-ricetta ta' vitello tonnato? Għoġbitek? Ħalli l-kummenti u r-rating tiegħek hawn taħt u agħfas share biex inkomplu nwasslulek aktar ricetti li jgħoġbuk.