This is a healthy and nutritious quinoa and tuna salad. Quinoa is a delicious and very versatile high protein grain; it adds a healthy crunch to the soft texture of the tuna, which is enhanced with the tang of mustard and the coolness of fresh mint to create a wonderful dish of many textures and varied flavours.
Total time: 30 minutes
- 170 grams red quinoa
- 475 ml water
- 140 g Elite tuna in sunflower oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps dijon mustard
- 160 g yellow onion, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 15 g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 g fresh mint, chopped
- Place quinoa and 2 cups of water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover and remove from heat.
- Drain tuna and place oil in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, ¼ cup water and mustard, whisking to combine.
- Add quinoa to oil mixture, tossing to combine.
- Stir in onion, celery and bell pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley and mint before serving.