This pasta dish contains all the best of Mediterranean flavours and can be enjoyed both warm or as a salad.
Preparation time: 15 min
Total time: 25 min
Serves: 6 servings
- 450 g penne pasta
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers rinsed, roughly chopped
- 2 anchovies, finely minced
- ½ cup pitted black olives such as kalamata, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup loosely packed, roughly chopped parsley or basil leaves
- 1 (160 g) can Elite tuna in sunflower oil, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente or done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Place olive oil and the garlic in a large saute pan and turn heat to medium; cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add capers, anchovies, olives, and tomatoes; cook until the tomatoes start to break down and become a sauce, about 8 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta. Add parsley and tuna and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
If you'd like to read more on tuna recipes, click here.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.