Crunchy bars Photo: Flickr/ Roz Kellner
Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Crunchies magħmulin id-dar
How many times we buy a piece of chocolate and imagine the length of its process?! We've had these 'crunchies', a favourite to many, on the market for many years. Today we will see how easy they are to make at home, using only four ingredients.
Total time: one hour
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 175 g sugar
- 125 g golden syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- Coat a tray of 20 cm with butter.
- Put sugar and golden syrup in a pot with 2 tablespoons water and heat over a low flame until the sugar dissolves without boiling, then simmer until golden. Switch off the fire, quickly add bicarbonate and stir well until the mixture foams. Pour the mixture carefully on the prepared tray.
- As soon as it starts cementing, but not completely, make signals using a knife so it will be easier to divide.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate and allow it to cool. Break the crunchie into portions and coat each portion with melted chocolate. Leave the excess chocolate drip on a grid with plate underneath, then place them on a dish covered with baking paper and continue to cool them in the refrigerator.