Incredible! A quick and easy banana ice cream with no added sugar, gluten free and you can make it in the comfort of your home knowing exactly what has gone into it, which is actually very little but healthy. All I did was squeeze some fresh lemon with the bananas before freezing; it produces a fantastic result even if it is not frozen.
- 2 bananas
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Make sure you use ripe bananas; cut them up and place them in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice all over.
- Place in the freezer.
- When frozen, take them out and blend, using a food mixer or hand blender (not a liquidiser).
- The bananas will break down and then become very creamy with the consistency of ice cream.
- I used a piping bag to pipe into decorative glasses and garnished with a wafer, but you can simply spoon in.
- You can either serve it as it is, or refreeze it for half an hour to solidify more and serve.