Recipe by Doris Camilleri
- 1 small tin of Bordon light corned beef
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 4 small carrots
- 1 tbl tomato paste
- 75g dried barley, (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Bring 1 1/2 litres of water to boil with the stock cube.
- Cut the vegetables in cubes and add to the pot.
- Cook on high heat for 5 minutes, after lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the soaked barley and continue to simmer until the barley is cooked.
- Take off the heat and add the chopped corned beef.
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with chunky garlic bread as a garnish.
Did you try this tacos with barley, corned beef and vegetable soup recipe and did you like it? Leave your comments and rating below and kindly share so that we can continue bringing you recipes you love.