This cereal dish is ideal for breakfast both for adults and kids alike. It is also a great nutritious snack to be enjoyed at all times.
Preparation: 20 min
Total time: 1 hr
Makes: 16 cups
- 500 g oats
- 90 g quinoa
- 70 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g nuts, broken
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 250 ml golden syrup
- 250 ml honey
- 85 ml sunflower oil
- 120 g dried cranberries
- 100 g dried apple
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, quinoa, sunflower seeds, nuts and cinnamon powder.
- Add the golden syrup, honey and oil and mix well until well-combined.
- Lay out the mixture evenly on the two baking sheets and bake for 35-40 minutes. Stir around every 10 minutes until the mixture starts to turn golden. Remove from the oven and add the apple and cranberries. Mix everything together and allow the mixture to cool on the baking sheets.
- Break into small pieces and store in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
Did you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.