Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Qalba tal-kustilja taċ-ċanga (rib eye) b’zalza tal-mustarda
Rib-eye is the favourite cut of meat for many, and this is because no matter how you cook it it remains tender and delicious. In this easy recipe, mustard sauce adds the perfect touch to this meat.
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 rib-eye steaks (a bit thick)
- 30 g butter
For the sauce:
- 2 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons water
- Teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter on to a pan on a moderate heat and let it start to bubble. Add the meat and cook it for 4-5 minutes on each side, or according to how you like your meat cooked. Place them on a plate, cover them and leave them in a warm area.
- In the same pan, fry the onion until it softens, then add the mustard, the wholegrain mustard, the wine, the water, honey and thyme. Stir for 3 mintues or until the sauce reduces a little. Add the cream and the cheese and stir until the cheese melts.
- Place the rib-eye on warm plates and serve them smothered in mustard sauce.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.