Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Crêpes perfetti
Crêpes are a wonderfully versatile item as you may as much create a main meal from them as well as a dessert. In both cases they can be combined with various ingredients to create a new crêpes based recipe. It is common that the first crêpe does not result as desired and you may need to adjust the heat of the flame or the amount of mixture to put in the frying pan. Slide each crêpe onto a plate; you can place them on top of each other as they will not stick. Grease the frying pan between every 2-3 crêpes. You may store crêpes in the fridge for up to 3 days in a sealed container; reheat in a frying pan before use.
Time: 30 min
Makes: 14-16 crêpes
- 250 g flour, sifted
- 600 ml milk
- 50 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for greasing
- Beat together the milk and eggs in a bowl. Add a little flour while beating continuously. Add the salt and melted butter and mix.
- Allow the mixture to sit for half an hour prior to making the crêpes; should you require to let it sit further, cover it and place it in the fridge.
- Grease a non-stick 20 cm frying pan with oil and heat on moderate heat.
- Fill a small ladle with the mixture and pour it into the frying pan while holding it away from the heat with the other hand. Circle the frying pan in mid-air to coat the entire bottom of the frying pan with the mixture; if any gaps remain, cover with a few drops of the mixture.
- As soon as the edges start to brown, lift the edge with a spatula and flip it over to brown on the other side.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.