Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Torta tal-basal u ġobon tat-tursina (blue cheese)
If you like the flavour of strong cheese, then you will like this tart. For those of you who do not like it, you can swap the blue cheese for a milder cheese such as mozzarella.
Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 300 g short crust pastry
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 large onions, cut into thin slices
- 2 eggs
- 200g ricotta
- 150 g blue cheese
- 150 ml double cream
- Teaspoon dry oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180°C. Grease a 23cm pie dish with oil and dust with flour.
- Roll out the pastry and cover the pie dish with it. Make some holes on the bottom using a fork and place the dish in the fridge for use later on.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a moderate heat and fry the onion until it cooks well, softens and starts to colour.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs to the cream and add ricotta and blue cheese, salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Spread the onions on to the pastry in the pie dish, then add the ricotta mixture, smoothen the surface and sprinkle some oregano.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is ready and the filling has solidified.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
Look at this list of fruit and vegetables according to the season