- 1 kilo octopus
- 150 g mixed olives
- 1 can tomato pulp
- 1 tablespoon tomato extract
- 25 g capers
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 100 g frozen peas
- Fresh basil leaves and mint or 1 teaspoon mixed dry herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 apple, finely peeled, cored and chopped
- 75 ml red wine
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 500 g dry pasta of your choice
- In a large pot, immerse and boil the cleaned octopus whole for 20 minutes.
- Strain and leave to cool well. Then chop in pieces.
- In a pot, pour the olive oil, add the onion and garlic and fry until golden.
- Add the chopped octopus, tomato pulp, tomato extract, herbs, apple, olives, capers and half the wine
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the remaining wine, frozen peas, and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Cook your favourite pasta according to instructions and mix with the sauce.
- Serve hot.