All children love ice cream and cake. Here is an easy recipe to combine the two into delicious ice cream cookies that are sure to bring a happy smile to their little faces every time.
- 1 (500g) box white cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Garnish: toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and ginger powder. Form dough into 12 to 14 (5cm) balls.
- Using hands, flatten balls on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and toffee bits.
- Spoon ice cream evenly on flat side of half of cookies.
- Top with flat side of remaining half of cookies.
- Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap, and freeze until ice cream is firm.
- Unwrap sandwiches, and roll edges in toffee bits, if desired. Serve immediately.
Click here to also try the sugar-cookie ice cream sandwiches