Whether it is for a special occasion, such as a birthday party, or simply as a surprise treat, delight your children with these lovely, sparkly sugar-cookie ice cream sandwiches. But beware, adults will like them too!
- 470g refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 5 and a 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Roll dough into 32 balls (about one and a half teaspoons of dough for each ball).
- Place balls 5cm apart on baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges. Let cool on pans for 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Scoop the ice cream onto the bottoms of 16 cookies. Top each with a cookie; gently press until ice cream almost reaches edges of cookies. Smooth edges of sandwiches with a knife, if necessary. Freeze until firm.
- On a plate, combine sprinkles and sugar; roll edges of sandwiches in sprinkles mixture.
- Freeze sandwiches for 10 minutes longer before serving.