Today's recipe uses 0% fat Greek Yoghurt and I have added lots of dark chocolate spread to give a delicious chocolate dessert that is guaranteed to kill all the cravings without costing too many calories! Fat free yoghurt is 57 calories per 100g as opposed to 98 calories for the full fat variety.
- 100g double cream
- 200g Greek Yoghurt 0% fat
- 5 spoons chocolate spread (I use a very dark one)
- Pistachio nuts to garnish
- A mix of chopped nuts with a spoon of brown sugar, some cinnamon and some crumbled up cookies (optional)
*You will also need a piping bag if you wish a smooth finished look like mine. I like using disposable piping bags, no need for a nozzle for this recipe, otherwise spoon them in neatly into glasses.
- Whip the double cream until stiff.
- Fold in the Greek yoghurt.
- Add the honey and use a metal spoon to mix in gently (The Greek yoghurt does not make the cream runny at all, it actually firms it up like a mousse).
- Add half the chocolate spread and keep the rest aside if you would like the same effect as mine (I make it in two layers with the darker chocolate layer on the top).
- In a separate bowl, have the cookie crumble mixture ready.
- Pipe half the cream mixture into glasses or pots, sprinkle a dusting of cookie crumble mixture (I also mixed some of the crumble mix with the bottom later of the chocolate cream and leave the top layer smooth).
- Add the rest of the chocolate to the remaining half of the cream mix for the darker top layer. Pipe into the glass.
- Scatter some chopped pistachio nuts but don't overdo it. A delicious lightish dessert yet very chocolatey to finish off a meal.