In a little over six minutes Trish McKenzie from Cadbury Kitchen show us how to make a classic chocolate cake using Cadbury chocolate. Need we say any more? Get your ingredients together (see below), look through the method and watch the video, then make it and enjoy a delicious chocolate cake!
Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 150g butter
- 1/3 cup Cadbury Bournville Cocoa
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 1¼ cups icing mixture
- 30g butter softened
- Vanilla essence
- Hot water
- Combine the water, sugar, butter, cocoa and bicarbonate soda in a saucepan and warm, but do not boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and cool for 30 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and base-lined 20cm round cake pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 50 minutes or until cooked. Cool for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sift the icing mixture into a bowl then mix in the butter and enough hot water to form a soft icing. Spread on the cooled cake and decorate as desired.