Penne are very popular. This is probably due to the fact that they are easy to eat and absorb a lot of sauce.
Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 350 g penne
- 500 g chicken breast, cubed
- tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 chilli pepper (optional), deseeded and thinly chopped
- 125 g sundried tomatoes cut into strips
- 150 ml white wine
- 150 ml single cream
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water until it is al dente.
- While the pasta boils, heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the chicken. Stir until they start to colour and add the garlic and the tomatoes and the chilli pepper if you will be using it. Continue cooking for a minute and add the wine, then as soon as it starts to boil add the cream, the Parmesan cheese and half the basil, salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce in the pan. Mix everything together properly.
- Add more basil and serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe and have you tried it? Let us know if it is recipes like this that you would like to see more of by sharing, rating and commenting in the comment box below.