"Whether you are a veggie or not, you MUST try this recipe as it is sensational!" That's what Barry Lewis from My Virgin Kitchen had to say about this video recipe of an alternative to the traditional meat-based moussaka. It is packed with various kinds of vegetables and beans, topped with cheese and yoghurt, making for a wholesome creamy dish that is perfect served with salad.
- 2 courgettes, sliced thinly
- 5 tomatoes, chopped in small chunks
- 1 aubergine, sliced thinly
- 200 g canned kidney beans (drained)
- 200 g canned borlotti beans (drained)
- 350 g new potatoes, sliced
- 2 peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 250 g natural yoghurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- Cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste
What do you think about this vegetarian moussaka dish... is it a delicious as Barry makes it out to be? Give us your feedback in the comments section, and please rate and share to help us bring you content you enjoy.