These almond shortbreads are delicious on their own and even better served with ice cream or a velvety smooth chocolate mousse. They have a sandy texture and subtle almond flavor which comes from adding ground almonds to the batter. Make them by following the instructions in this video by Joy of Baking.
- 113 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 50 g granulated white sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 85 g all-purpose flour
- 40 g ground almonds (almond meal/flour)
- 15 g rice flour or cornstarch (corn flour)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Flaked almonds for decorating the top of the shortbread (optional)
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.