You do not need to give up burgers just because you are choosing not to eat meat. Try these home made burgers made from chickpeas - they are quick and easy to make and simply delicious.
- 1 large potato, cooked and peeled
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 egg
- Mix all the ingredients together and wet your hands to knead.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Flatten to a thickness of about 2 cm; pinch the edges so that the burger does not crumble.
- Grill and turn them over once only.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.