Read this in Maltese: Riċetta veġetarjana: Bavette bl-ispinaċi u faqqiegħ kannella (brown button mushrooms)
Pasta is extremely versatile and on weekdays when time may be a bit limited you can create a different dish every day using sauces you have prepared using different ingredients in a short time.
Time: 40 minutes
- 500 g bavette pasta
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 2 leeks, (the white and light green part) cut in two length-wise then chopped into 2cm pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped; you can also use fresh garlic instead
- 300 g brown button mushrooms sliced
- 300 g spinach leaves
- 280 ml single cream
- 100 g cream cheese such as Philadelphia
- Chicken/ vegetable stock cube
- 100 ml white wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 50 g chopped pecan nuts
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the bavette in a large pan full of salted water until they are al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan with high sides and a lid, heat the oil on a moderate flame and sauté the leeks and garlic until they soften.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until these too start to soften.
- Sprinkle the stock cube and add the wine, cream and cream cheese, and mix until the cheese melts and the mixture starts to simmer.
- Cover with the spinach leaves and place the lid on the pan without mixing the spinach in. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes until the spinach starts to wilt. Remove the lid, and mix the sauce together until all the spinach has wilted but before it loses its colour.
- Sieve the pasta and add it to the sauce in the pan. Mix it gently for two minutes so that the sauce combines with the pasta properly.
- Serve the bavette straight away and sprinkle with pecan nuts and parmesan cheese.
Did you try this recipe? Did you like it? Leave your comments and rating below and click share to help us continue to bring you more recipes that you like.