Tuna and marrows go really well together and this recipe is wonderfully easy to make with great results.
Preparation time: 25 min
Total time: 50 mins
Serves: 6 (1 stuffed marrow per person)
- 6 round marrows, ends trimmed
- 2 (160 g) cans Elite tuna in sunflower oil, drained and flaked
- ¼ onion, grated
- 1 tomato, finely chopped (optional)
- 110 g dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 15 ml olive oil
- Fill a large pot with salted water, place the marrows inside it and boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Remove the marrows and allow to cool.
- Scoop out the flesh from the marrows, leaving a 1 cm shell; place the scooped out flesh in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Lightly grease a 22 cm x 30 cm baking dish.
- Mash the marrow flesh in the bowl. Add in the tuna, onion, tomato, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and black pepper and mix well.
- Lightly stuff the marrow shells with the tuna mixture.
- Drizzle about ½ teaspoon of olive oil over each stuffed marrow.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are slightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
If you'd like to read more on tuna recipes, click here.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.