Delicious strawberry eclairs that are perfect for any occasion.
- 50 g butter
- 150 g tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 120ml strawberry water
For the filling:
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 150 g ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Cover 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the butter and water in a pan.
- Remove from the heat and quickly tip in the flour and beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe 18 fingers of about 8 to 10 cm each onto the baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Puree half the strawberries and add the icing sugar.
- Mix in the ricotta and the other half of the strawberries chopped up.
- Place in the fridge for an hour.
- Cut a slit down the side of each éclair and pipe the strawberry ricotta filling into the cavity.
- Serve the éclairs as they are or with more strawberries.
Do you like this recipe? Would you like to see more sweet recipes? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to let us know which recipes you like so that we make sure we deliver that which you are after.