Some ingredient combinations make your mouth water just at the thought of them, like in this recipe for smoked salmon, mango and rucola salad. I like mixing different food colours, textures and flavours. Rucola is rather pungent and crispy while mango is sweet and juicy. Together with the delicate yet rich taste of smoked salmon, all seasoned with lemon, cream and mustard, they create a colourful salad that is a delight to have on your table... but not for long!
Serves: 4 persons
Energy: 230 per serving
- 150g thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into strips, preferably fresh
- 150g baby rucola
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the lemon juice, mustard, and creme fraiche in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well blended.
- In a measuring cup with a spout, mix the two oils, then with the processor running, pour in a steady stream into the creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper. This vinaigrette can be prepared up to three days ahead of time and stored in an airtight plastic container in the refrigerator.
- Just before service, place the rucola in a large bowl and pour half of the dressing over the leaves to coat and toss. Be careful not to overdress the leaves or they will turn mushy quite fast.
- Place the rucola leaves on individual service dishes and arrange the slices of mango and salmon on top and serve immediately. Store any extra vinaigrette in an airtight plastic container in the refrigerator for up to one week.