Here's an unusual recipe to use all the pumpkins this week, and this time I use smoked duck breast, which is quite delicious. It can be found in most food stores as whole smoked breasts in the frozen section. The salad has a honey and mustard dressing which really complements the flavours.
This recipe serves 4. You can of course adjust the quantities to your preference.
- 1 smoked duck breast cut into thin slices
- 200 g pumpkin cut into thin slices, cooked in a hot oven for 20 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 mango, use a melon baller to scoop out the flesh
- Shavings of Parmesan
- 1 packet mixed leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
Arrange the leaves on a plate and then the pumpkin and melon slices. Decorate the plate with the mango balls and top with Parmesan shavings. Season with freshly ground pepper.
For the honey and mustard dressing you will need :
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoons honey, we used the local thyme honey which has a wonderful flavor
- 1 tablespoons light balsamic vinegar
- pinch of Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
If it’s too thick add 1 teaspoon of water at a time until you have the consistency you like.
Drizzle over the duck breast salad before serving.