Serves: 2 persons
- 500 g chicken breast, cut in strips
- 2 spring onions
- 2 halves of coloured sweet peppers
- 2 tbspoons of pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 100 g bulgar or couscous
- 50 g quinoa
- 20 g fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml water
- 1 tbspoons olive oil
- In a dry wok, toast the pumpkin seeds until they start to pop and crackle.
- Add a teaspoon of soy sauce, stir, and cover for around five minutes.
- Save the seeds and without washing the wok, put in the chopped spring onion, grated ginger, chopped garlic cloves. Stir fry for 3 minutes, then add the chicken breast strips and the julienne of coloured peppers. Add half the chicken stock, lemon juice and continue stir frying.
- In a separate pot, boil the 300 ml water together with the squeezed out lemon and the remaining half of the chicken stock. When boiling, add the quinoa and bulgar. Bring to boil again and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Switch off and keep covered for another five minutes. Now, add the olive oil, stir, and divide on two plates. Top up with the chicken stir fry and sprinkle the toasted pumpkin seeds on top.
Did you enjoy reading this recipe? Let us know by sharing, rating, and commenting in the space below.