With pumpkin season here, an economical “fruit” and always available on the market, there are never enough ideas to use this versatile ingredient and the combination of the natural sweetness of the pumpkin and the depth of flavor of carob make this a wonderful dessert. Serve with custard or simply, warm and without.
You will need:
- 600g pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 3 spoons carob syrup
For the crumble topping:
- 150 g plain flour
- 100g unsalted butter
- 70 g brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To make the crumble topping, place the flour in a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter and try not to overdo it. A lumpy consistency gives a better texture to the crumble. Stir in the sugar.
- Place the pumpkin in a greased medium overproof dish, drizzle with carob syrup and top with the crumble.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the surface is golden brown.
- Serve hot.
What did you think of this recipe? Please star rate or write your comments below.