- 800 g/1 ¾ lbs bread
- 50 g/2 oz margarine
- 100 g/4 oz sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 g/2 oz chopped mixed peel
- Grated rind of an orange
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- A drop of vanilla essence
- 200 g/9 oz sultanas
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- Cut the bread into pieces, place in a bowl, cover with milk to soak for an hour.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl, add the bread and continue to stir till all the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-greased baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 4 minutes or check by inserting a skewer in the centre, if the pudding is cooked, this should come out clean.
- The pudina may be eaten warm or cold.
Photographs have been taken by Matthew Cauchi and food has been cooked at Gululu restaurant by Neville Gauci
What do you think of this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
Look at this list of fruit and vegetables according to the season