- 250 g self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 250 g golden sultanas
- 120 g plain yoghurt
- 1\2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Juice of one lemon
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 170c
- Soak the golden raisins in enough water overnight. Use a hand blender to bring it to a pulp.
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate in a mixing bown
- Mix together the yoghurt, blended sultanas and eggs. Mix well. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake tin (23cm). Bake for 35 minutes. Check by piercing the centre with a tootpick before you take it out of the oven.
- Allow the cake to cool before removing it from the tin.