Try combining grapes with feta cheese, chard and spicy turkey sausage for an extra boost of vitamins and flavour as shown in this recipe for Italian sausage flatbread with grapes. It makes a quick, filling snack that is simply delicious.
Serves: 4 persons
Energy: 273 calories
- 2 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casing removed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 whole grain flatbreads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup red and green seedless grapes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Cook the sausage over medium-low heat in a nonstick skillet until cooked through.
- Stir in the Italian seasonings and red pepper flakes.
- Gently brush each flatbread with the oil.
- Layer the flatbread with the sausage, chard, feta and grapes. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice each flatbread into eight even pieces. Serves four.