- 400 g sweet pastry
- 600 g ricotta cheese
- 350 g pure ground almonds
- 300 g icing sugar
- 150 g whole roasted almonds
- 100 g chocolate drops
- 50 g glazed cherries
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Half a teaspoon almond essence
For the pastry:
- 400 g plain flour
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 150 g sugar
- Grated rind of half a lemon
- 1 beaten egg
- Water as necessary
- Sift the flour and rub in the fat.
- Add the sugar and lemon rind.
- Add beaten egg,make into a dough, add some water if you think it is too dry.
- Put in cling film, and let it rest for an hour in the fridge.
- Mix the ricotta with the icing sugar,
- Add the ground almonds,75 g of the whole roasted almonds,almond essence, vanilla,the chopped glazed cherries,chocolate drops,and beaten eggs, and put in the fridge for later.
- Open the dough, and cover a greased 12 by10 dish, or a two 8 by 8 round shallow dishes.
- Cover with oven paper and bake blind for 10 minutes on 180c
- Leave to cool, and add the ricotta and almond mixture.
- Decorate with the remaining roasted almonds, and bake for 30 minutes at 180c until golden.