So many people seem to be gluten free today that it is necessary to adjust a lot of our favourite recipes. This prune cake is very easy, so straightforward and the result is a long lasting moist cake which improves after the first day and will keep very fresh in an airtight container for 3 days.
You will need:
- 120g dried prunes, soaked overnight in weak tea
- 100 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 spoons gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free bicarbonate of soda
- Soak the prunes overnight in some weak tea. When you are ready to make the cake, chop up the prunes.
- Grease a baking dish or cover it with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Rub in the butter into the ground almonds and flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the bicarbonate of soda
- Add the sugar and dried prunes. Mix in.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix in using a metal spoon.
- Pour into a loaf tin and flatten the top using a spatula.
- Bake at 180C for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when the cake is tested.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and remove from tin.
What did you think of this recipe? Please let us know by star rating this item or by leaving a comment below.