You'll love this recipe for a gluten free and sugar free date and banana loaf; it is made with polenta - cornmeal - and naturally sweetened with dates and bananas, simply delicious.
- 250 g dates soaked overnight in 100 ml water
- 2 bananas
- 200 g walnuts chopped
- 100 g polenta mixed with one tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Prepare loaf tin by greasing it or lining with grease proof paper.
- Blend the dates, liquid and bananas. Add the egg yolks, walnuts, lemon zest and spices.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the date and banana mix.
- Whisk the egg whites until you get soft peaks. Fold gently into the mixture.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 49 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Do you like this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.