Gingerbread cookies are a seasonal favourite, although they go down well any time of year really - they are so delicious! Try this homemade gingerbread cookies recipe, and you may just find yourself baking them every week.
- 350 g self raising flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice powder
- 60 g butter
- 1 tbsp treacle
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 60 ml water
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Mix the flour, ginger, spices, baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan heat the butter, sugar and treacle gently.
- Stir in the flour and water.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool in the fridge for a few hours.
- On a floured clean surface roll out the dough and use pastry cutters to shape the cookies. (Gingerbread men are traditional.)
- Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave your comments below and kindly rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.