Kids love cakes and they love pizza but they may not always eagerly eat their fruit. Here is a fun and imaginative way to incorporate fresh fruit into their party treats by making shortbreads to look like pizza slices, with fruit as topping!
Makes: 8 bites
- 225g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 wedge-shaped shortbreads
- 3 tablespoons peach jam
- Fresh fruit (diced strawberries, diced kiwi, raspberries, diced mandarin oranges, small blueberries, etc.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on each shortbread.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of peach jam on top of the cream cheese on each shortbread.
- Arrange fruit in rows on top of shortbreads to look like a rainbow.
- Drizzle lightly with honey. Serve immediately.