It’s French toast, AND it’s a cookie. It’s just plain delectable.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup Options Belgian Chocolate
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 340g whole wheat bread, cut into 1.5cm pieces (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup berries
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Whisk together eggs, milk, Options and sugar in large bowl. Add bread pieces; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line each cup with a piece of parchment paper.
- Spoon bread mixture evenly into each prepared cup; sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set and tops are golden.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. Top cups with raspberries and syrup, if desired.