- 2 plain bagels, split and toasted
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups milk, heated
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over moderate heat and whisk in flour.
- Cook, whisking constantly, for two minutes.
- Whisk in milk in a stream, until smooth.
- Simmer, whisking, until thickened, about three minutes and reduced to 1¼ cups.
- Keep warm, covered, off heat.
- Fill a medium skillet halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Break eggs into separate teacups and pour into water.
- Cover skillet and remove from heat.
- Let eggs sit for about 4 minutes until whites are set.
- Place bagels on serving plates and top each with ¼ of spinach, using a slotted spoon top with a poached egg and ¼ of sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.