I introduced this dessert last week for the diabetic range on my new book. It has no added sugar and is ideal for breakfast or a light sweet to end any meal.
- A small punnet of fresh strawberries
- 500ml yoghurt
- 6 pears
- 3 spoons stevia
- 6 spoons grated sugar free chocolate
- Grated citrus rind and juice of one orange and lemon
- Peel the pears. Immerse in a pot of water with the citrus juice and grated rind or with the preserved citrus zest.
- Leave to soak for an hour.
- Poach for 30 minutes.
- Drain the liquid. I usually keep the liquid and use it to make my jams.
- Place the pears in the fridge to completely cool down as you will be able to cut them very nearly.
- Using a hand blender, mix together the strawberries, stevia and yoghurt until they are an even consistency.
- Pipe or spoon into sundae glasses.
- Cut slits along the length of the pears and open up like a fan.
- Place on top of the yoghurt mix.
- Sprinkle the grated sugar free chocolate.
- Serve immediately.