Pops are a great invention, created to make use of left over cake or cake crumbs, however the craft has evolved to special cake pop recipes which are basically mini-cakes styled as a lollipop. These are delicious pops with all the popular flavours found in typical Mediterranean sweets.
- 200 g blanched almonds, chopped
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 tangerine
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- 2 spoons honey and 2 spoons finely chopped pistachios for after baking
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add just enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead lightly.
- Shape into small balls.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 180 C for 15 minutes.
- While still warm but not hot, pour warm honey and sprinkle with finely chopped pistachios.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave your comments below and kindly rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.