- 500 g chicken pieces
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cooked
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cooked
- A handful of basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove , peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 400 ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 200 ml chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large pot
- Add the chicken, onion and garlic
- Cook for 10 minutes and constantly stir.
- Add the curry paste and dried basil. Mix, then add the chicken stock
- When it reaches boiling point, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the cooked potatoes and pumpkin, stir, then add the coconut milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season if required.
- Add the fresh chopped basil and stir.
- Serve with some fluffy jasmine rice or easy cook rice.
Have you tried this recipe? Please tell us what you thought of it by rating it or by commenting on it, below.