These biscuits are a good accompaniment to a cheese plate with drinks or at the end of a meal. You can find hazelnuts that come chopped but I like to use whole hazelnuts and chop or roughly grind them just before they are ready to be baked.
You will need:
- 120g cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g butter
- 125g plain flour, sifted
- 60g hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Rub the butter into the flour and add the grated cheddar cheese. Mix them and add the nuts.
- Beat the egg and then pour it into the centre of the flour mix. Bring together to form a dough. If you need more liquid, add a spoon of water, a little at a time.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put into the fridge for an hour.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Gently roll out to a thickness of 5 mm and cut out the biscuits using a pastry cutter.
- Place the biscuits on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Take out the tray and turn the biscuits over so that they are golden on both sides.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before you remove them from the tray.
In the comment section below, please write down what you think of this recipe, or star rate accordingly.