Kale is now grown locally at is easily available in many vegetable shops and supermarkets.
- ¼ cup raw buckwheat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tbsp chopped mint, plus some extra leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp grated pecorino cheese
- 1 tbsp pecan nuts
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the buckwheat and stir often until it lightly browns.
- Remove kale leaves from the stalks and chop finely.
- Toss with the pecorino cheese, pecan nuts, chopped mint and toasted buckwheat.
- Mix the lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Garnish with whole pecans and mint.
Do you like this recipe? Share it on Facebook. :)
To find out whether the veg you need is in season, refer to this list of seasonal fruit and vegetables.