This recipe is perfect for those of you who find muffins irresistible but wish to cut down on fats.
- 250 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 100 g sugar or stevia
- 4 eggs
- 200 g low fat yoghurt
- 85 g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Place 12 paper cases in a shallow bun tin.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until they are light and frothy.
- Add the yoghurt and vanilla and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquids and fold in with a metal spoon.
- Add half the blueberries and gently fold in.
- Pour the batter into the paper cases.
- Top the surface of each muffin with the remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before removing them from the tray.
Do you love sweets but worry about your sugar and fat intake? Have you check out our healthy eating section? It includes recipes that are low in fat, like this one.
If you'd like us to provide you with even more of these recipes, let us know by sharing, rating and commenting below.