The Maltese love their pasta and it is always a delight to discover new recipes for delicious sauces; try this one with blue cheese, peas, bacon and cream.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g ground bacon
- 1 onion, peeled, chopped and diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup light cream
- 50 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 500 g tagliatelle
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Fresh basil leaves or rocket leaves to garnish
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil. Add the minced bacon and cook for 5 minutes. Do not allow to stick together.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook on low heat, stirring constantly until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cream, blue cheese and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- When you see the first bubble of reaching boiling point, remove totally from the heat. Add in the frozen peas. Stir and cover.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and mix in with the pasta sauce.
- Toss some chopped basil leaves or rocket leaves and serve. Top with grated cheese.
Do you like this recipe? Would you like to see more pasta recipes? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to let us know which recipes you like so that we make sure we deliver that which you are after.