Spice up your favourite recipes for grilled pork tenderloin, chicken, duck, or grilled tofu with this delicious blackberry five spice sauce.
- 1/4 and 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 1/2 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) blackberries
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice Powder (available at your local grocery store)
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 and 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Place the vinegar, blackberries, cinnamon, Five Spice Powder, peppercorns and sugar into a blender in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start to blend on a low speed and gradually increase the speed to maximum.
- Keep blending on maximum for about six minutes.
- Reduce the speed to about half-way and add olive oil. Blend for an additional 20 seconds.
Serving Size: Makes 10 servings 1/4 c each
Number of Servings: 10