A very different bake to our usual timpana, with a different texture as I am using spaghetti, a less common pasta shape for baked dishes.
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 500g tinned tomatoes
- 2 spoons fresh basil
- Pinch of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to season, if desired
- 250g spinach, cooked, chopped and drained
- 100g tinned artichokes
- 120g mozzarella
- 150g grated hard cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the pack. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion until soft. Add the chicken and heat through.
- Use a blender to blitz the tomatoes, basil, fresh and dried basil, add half cheeses and stir.
- Remove the chicken from heat and add the spinach and chopped artichoke hearts.
- Finally stir in the cold tomato sauce. Place the mixture in a greased oven dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese and some basil leaves over the top.
- Bake in a hot oven for half an hour. Serve with a salad.