Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta: Insalata tal-avokado u feta bil-ħobż
Salads are easy to prepare and don’t take up too much time, but sometimes we avoid them when we crave something more filling. This salad is a great solution as it includes crunchy croutons made out of Maltese bread which make this salad more satisfying.
Time: 30 minutes
- 500 g slightly dry Maltese bread (no crust), diced into 2cm cubes
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, sliced in two
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 150 g feta cheese, diced
- 1 small cucumber, cut in two length-wise, the sliced thinly width-wise
- 100 g black olives, pitted
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the bread into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan on a moderate heat and add bread. Stir frequently until the bread starts to turn golden without letting it burn.
- In a wide bowl, mix the tomatoes, the basil, the cucumber, the feta, the olives, the avocado, the basil and parsley. In another small bowl, beat together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture onto the salad and mix it until the dressing is spread evenly.
- Just before serving, add the bread, mix, and serve immediately.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave your comments below and please rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you like.
Look at this list of fruit and vegetables according to the season