Aqra bil-Malti: Riċetta veġetarjana: Torta tal-ħaxix bil-kale u bla għaġina
- 500 g marrows
- Half a broccoli, chopped
- 6 kale leaves, cut, taking off the bloom in the centre and chop finely
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 100 g grated Romano cheese
- Some fresh herbs like basil or mint, finely chopped
- Half a teaspoon smoked paprika
- Half a teaspoon dry ricotta
- 100 g ricotta
- Some salt and pepper
- Clean the marrows and broccoli and chop thinly; put it in a dish together with a spoonful of olive oil and put in the oven with a temperature of 200°C for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and mix.
- Put the kale leaves in water and boil for 4 minutes; remove the water using a strainer. Pour cold water so that the colour remains nice.
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic finely and fry using the remainder of olive oil together with the herbs, add the marrows and broccoli and then leave to the side until it cools. Add the ricotta and mix with vegetables.
- Mix the eggs, the milk, and the grated cheese together. Add all the other ingredients, including the kale. Mix.
- Add a little olive oil to the oven dish, spread the mixture in the dish and cook in the oven with temperature of 150°C for about 25 minutes.
- This can be eaten warm or cooled.
Did you try this recipe? Did you like it? Leave your comment and rating below and press share so that we can continue to bring you the recipes you love.