Make a lovely homemade yoghurt and apricot tart for something different that is certain to tickle your tastebuds and delight your family and friends.
For the pastry
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g butter
- 5 tbsp water
For the filling
- 3 eggs
- 250 g fruit yoghurt of your choice
- Juice of one orange
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75 g dried apricots
- 1 tbsp honey
- 75 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oats plus 1 tsp kept aside to use pre-baking
- 1 tbsp chopped blanched almonds, keep aside for pre-baking
For the pastry:
- Sieve the flour, add the butter and rub in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water, a little at a time and knead to form a soft dough.
- Place in the fridge for an hour.
For the filling:
- Place all the ingredients, except the oats, in a large bowl.
- Use a hand-held processer and grind all the ingredients until they are consistent.
- Add the oats.
- Place in the fridge.
For the tart:
- Roll out the pastry and cover a loose-bottomed tart dish.
- Trim the pastry, bake blind by piercing the pastry all over and placing in an oven at 180 C for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Scatter a teaspoon of oats on the bottom of the pastry.
- Pour in the filling and bake.
- Decorate the top with chopped almonds.
- Bake in an oven at 180 C for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool before you remove from the tart dish.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave your comments below and kindly rate and share to help us bring you more of the recipes you enjoy.