A lovely and visually bright dish to make very quickly with all the summer flavours.
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 small bunch basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, each cut into 4
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grated rind of quarter lemon
- 150g tinned tuna, drain oil or brine
- 500g penne
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chop finely the parsley and basil. Keep some basil leaves aside for garnish. Add the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the onion and garlic in a pan with a few drops of olive oil and cook on low heat until the onions soften up. Add to the herb mixture. In a separate bowl place the chopped avocado and mix gently with the lemon juice to prevent it from discolouring. Add the chopped cherry tomatoes. Crumble the tuna and keep separately.
- Cook the penne as per instructions on the pasta packet. Drain when cooked to your liking and add the herb mixture in oil. Add the avocado and tomatoes and fold in gently and soon after, add the tuna. Trickle some oil and add the grated lemon peel very sparsely, seasoning with salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.